Thursday, August 14, 2008
Movie
A short clip from ‘Paris Je T’aime’, a movie that I watched yesterday kept repeating in my mind. It’s about a postwoman who travelled alone in Paris. As a stranger to Paris, she felt her own vitality when travelling alone. It reminds me of the feeling of travelling alone and living alone. I was talking to one of my best friends today. We talked a lot about culture shock and how environment can change people. She wants to study abroad after graduating from her university because by then she can’t be easily influenced by another culture. Comparing to me, she has a very low cultural tolerance. I started to think about this topic when I studied in US this past year. My first year in US changed me a lot. The people and lifestyle made me question myself a lot. What’s the lifestyle I really want? How has American culture influenced me? I couldn’t give a full answer. I changed, in a way that I wanted to. I grew up, but started to face more questions about the reality. I became more optimistic because I realized there’s no meaning comparing myself to anyone else. The only thing I can do is try to do the best that I can and be happy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment